Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Alex Why Not Ban Them From Your Board?

  1. #1
    blue demon
    Guest blue demon's Avatar

    Post

    I replied to your post about leaders and whatever they are. I don't care about leaders or whatever. Nobody leads super 8 filmmaking. It's a defiant total renagade force of individuals. It must be by its very nature in the face of the DV corporate empire.

    These people you mention seem to be giving you a lot of grief. You are the moderator of this board. Why not just ban them and forget about them and move on? You are a talented filmmaker who has his work in festivals and stuff, lots of obvious experience, not some clown. Why stress yourself out over these people whoever they are? You own this board. You are the king. Just quietly and uncerimoniously block them from here and move on to hosting and helping those who come here to discover the format you like so much?

    I just wanted to know about these pin-registered super 8 cameras you mention in your bio on the companion website. I've never heard of one before. I think that's a really cool idea.

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You make a lot of great points. I was hoping to be part of a collective of international filmmakers who understand how valuable the super-8 format can be.

    Because I cannot post on two other forums, my ability to learn from others has been curtailed. And the amount of giving of information that I have done in the last few years needs to now be a two way street.

    I cannot look to other forums to exchange ideas without being insulted by a same select few who did the same on the Brantley forum.

    The only other solution would be if I can discover a world of Super-8 filmmakers outside of Roger, Matt, Mattias, Chas, Calgodot, Basstruc.

    What I find interesting is there are several dozen to several hundred of Super-8 filmmakers who frequent the forums, but many have decided to invest in only one forum when it comes to contributing posts.

    Thankfully, I have found so much to keep me occupied and to learn in the area of Super-8 that I can keep busy and just learn what I need to learn on my own. I will probably construct a tribute website forum to the Super-8 pin registered camera, as the history of it is something that is only known in select circles.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, you pissed off Mattias, Chas, Calgodot, Basstruc too?

    I'm only over here posting on this board now, because as far as I'm concerned, Alex "invited" me, by his outrageous behavior in screwing me over on my ebay sales.
    I hadn't had any contact of any kind with him, his board, or anything else for well over a year.

    Like I said before, I had no interest in this board at all, in fact I had never even looked at this board until Alex pulled his little burn on me.

    I'm here because Alex chose to attack me for no reason whatsoever.

    It's his fault I'm here.

    Matt Pacini

  4. #4
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by blue demon:

    These people you mention seem to be giving you a lot of grief.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">There is a valid reason, Blue Demon: Alex will not admit that what he did was wrong. He interfered with someone else's business affairs and cost someone money because he contacted an ebay bidder and interfered with a valid auction. You're relatively new here so you don't really understand the person that you're dealing with on this board.

    Originally posted by blue demon:
    You own this board. You are the king. Just quietly and uncerimoniously block them from here and move on to hosting and helping those who come here to discover the format you like so much?
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Because Alex thrives on the conflict that results from disinformation, which is why he got booted from TWO OTHER FORUMS. If Alex banned us from this forum, the number of hits would drop to doodly. Take a look at the number of views. The ones where he has people arguing with him have huge hits while the other threads just sit there, unattended unless Alex responds to his own post.

    There's a reason why Alex is here all by himself.

    By the way, Alex: Why DID you interfer with Matt Pacini's ebay auction?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:

    The only other solution would be if I can discover a world of Super-8 filmmakers outside of Roger, Matt, Mattias, Chas, Calgodot, Basstruc.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">And the list just keeps on growing, doesn't it, Alex? But then, it's always been everyone ELSE'S problem and never anything to do with you, eh? That would be impossible.

    Oh, yeah: Why did you interfer with Matt Pacini's ebay auction? Perhaps you posted an answer on one of the other threads but humor me, I guess I didn't see it. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    By the way Roger, on behalf of myself and possibly many others, your habitual, inneffectual, and contemptous use of the winkie icon is foul and offensive.

    Blue Demon, what you are witnessing is a witch hunter caught in a time warp from the 16th century. Unable to get back to his own time to burn "witches" at the stake, Roger roams these forums in search of new witches to burn.

    Matt brings the gasoline, Chas does the circle dance around the flames, and Mattias has ventured into the flame one too many times and is a stark reminder of what can happen if one is not careful. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MovieStuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 2001
    Posts
    847
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Alex:
    By the way Roger, on behalf of myself and possibly many others, your habitual, inneffectual, and contemptous use of the winkie icon is foul and offensive.
    <font size="2" face="verdana, sans-serif">Well, now that we have REALLY important issue cleared up, perhaps you can answer the question that's been put before you about a dozen times so far:

    Why did you interfere with Matt Pacini's auction?

    By the way Alex, on behalf of myself and possibly many others, your habitual, inneffectual, and contemptuous dodging of this question is even more foul and offensive than ANY emoticon could possibly convey, but let me try: [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

    Darn. I was hoping they had one with a different finger. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jukkasil's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2001
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ALEX: put my name on your list too!

    I used to write also some super 8 infos to your forum some time ago, but I totally pissed of idiotism you're writing here all the time nowadays.

    Why you don't just concentrate shooting super 8 and talking about it and forget another things.

    Especially these kind of messages flaming other 8/16mm s******* and forums totally ***** . And you are collecting a list of super 8 people you dislike which is very stupid.

    I'm shooting all the time 2x8, super 8 and perhaps 16 mm soon (I already have Arriflex 16 BL with Jensen crystal sync at my home and I'm just buying mint Canon Scoopic 16 MS with crystal sync from one laboratory here in Finland, price is 300 Euros!) and making the documentary movie about history and the present of small gauge film shooting (especially here in Finland) and I totally love these small film formats!

    So forget the other subjects (cultural, political and personal conflict messages ) and concentrate writing only about super 8 shooting, then I think you'd get more visitors to this forum.

    That's my sincere hint to you.

    Best Regards

    Jukka Sillanpaa
    http://www.sorb-i-tol.com/transfer8mm.html

  9. #9
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jukkasil, are you afraid to post here every now and then because you will be ostracized by a select few on the other forum that you frequent?

    I feel for you, I really do.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Matt Pacini's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2001
    Posts
    567
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alex, don't you get it?
    He's saying he's tired of YOU ostracizing people.

    Read his post about twenty times, until it finally sinks in.
    It's obvious.
    Or since you have no skill in objectivity whatsoever, and either think the universe rotates around you, or that there are different rules for you, and everyone else, perhaps try putting someone elses name there other than your own, or pretend he's talking about someone else.

    "Oh... I get it now."

    Matt Pacini

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •